The North Carolina Bar Association’s Insurance Law Section is pleased to offer its annual CLE program exploring the practice of insurance law.
Back by popular demand, we begin the program with the always-popular "Top 10 Insurance Law Decisions."
This year's program unpacks coverage and litigation issues including mediation of a first-party insurance claim, a UM/UIM primer with historical analysis and perspectives, and a discussion of ethics focusing on the tripartite relationship in insurance defense.
The program also features a special presentation to engage the audience in exploring how to manage the stressful profession of law.
- "Top 10" Insurance Law Decisions
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage UM/UIM Primer and Perspectives
- Ethics and the Tripartite Relationship
- Mediating the First-Party Insurance Case
- A Most Stressful Profession: Navigating Internal and External Challenges to Succeed in the Practice of Law
In-Person Live or Live Webcast
Friday, January 26, 2024
Event start time varies based on delivery method. Click on the event at the bottom of the page for exact start times.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Click on the In-Person Live event at the bottom of the page for hotel information.
- Judge Lucy Inman, Milberg Coleman Bryson Phillips Grossman PLLC, Raleigh
- Walter E. Brock Jr., Young Moore and Henderson PA, Raleigh
- Scott C. Hart, Sumrell Sugg, New Bern
- Robert H. "Robby" Jessup, Howard Stallings From Atkins Angell & Davis PA, Raleigh
- C. Douglas Maynard Jr., Law Office of C. Douglas Maynard Jr. PLLC, Winston-Salem
- Warren T. Savage, Lawyers Mutual Liability Insurance Company of NC, Cary
- Jennifer Welch, Cranfill Sumner LLP, Raleigh
- Adam L. White, Pinto Coates Kyre & Bowers PLLC, Greensboro
NCBA Insurance Law Section
- Steven Bader, Cranfill Sumner LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
- Christy C. Dunn, Young Moore and Henderson PA, Raleigh (Planner)
- Gagan Gupta, Paynter Law Firm PLLC, Hillsborough (Planner)
- Rebecca Huffman Ugolick, Howard Stallings From Atkins Angell & Davis PA, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.