This CPE is for all paralegals, regardless of their level of family law experience.
Those with years of experience, as well as those wanting an introduction to family law, can benefit from this CPE as we discuss: roles paralegals play in the appellate court, third-party and grandparents' rights, preparing for mediation and/or a custody hearing, and recent updates to the North Carolina General Statutes and rules related to parenting coordinators.
Further, gain knowledge about the procedures to obtain domestic violence protective orders and how to provide support for domestic violence victims.
Of course, there is always room for ethics to round out the program!
NC certified paralegals, sharpen your skills and learn new ones while completing your CPE credits for the year all at one time!
INCLUDED SESSIONS (Also available for individual purchase)
- Setting the Stage: An Introduction to Family Law in Dramatic Times
- The Appellate Craft: Improving Appellate Advocacy at Each Stage
- Third-Party and Grandparents' Rights, and Updates to Statutes and Rules Related to Parenting Coordinators
- Working with Survivors of Domestic Violence in a Legal Setting
- How to Prepare for Mediation from a Family Financial Mediator
- Relevant Evidence in Custody Cases
- Judge Tobias S. "Toby" Hampson, North Carolina Court of Appeals, Raleigh
- Judge Lori G. Christian, North Carolina District Court, Raleigh
- Cary Close, Cary Close Family Law, Raleigh
- Kristin M. Hampson, Hampson Family Law, Raleigh
- Evan B. Horwitz, Tharrington Smith LLP, Raleigh
- Ryan Kelly, InterAct of Wake County, Raleigh
- Katie H. King, Wake Family Law Group, Raleigh
February 19, 2020
Planned by NCBA Paralegal Division
- Jennifer M. Gaff, Raleigh Law Center, Raleigh (Planner)
- Patricia Kelly, Vitale Family Law, Raleigh (Planner)
- Andi McCullen, Vitale Family Law, Raleigh (Planner)
- Peggy Pardue, Hampson Family Law, Raleigh (Planner)
- Dana W. Satterfield, Wake Family Law Group, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.50 CPE Hours
1.00 Ethics/Professional Responsibility
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.