Four NCBA sections combine their expertise to provide updates and answers regarding the 2019 legislative actions.
Learn what the North Carolina General Assembly has (or has not) changed and the practical effects of those changes.
Brush up on your legislative procedure knowledge and skills. Hear about the most debated and followed bills of the current legislative session.
- Hot Topics Potpourri Panel
- Elections and Redistricting Updates
- Legislative Process 101
- Environmental and Energy Legislative Updates
- Juvenile Justice Reform and Child Welfare Law Update
- Karen Brinson Bell, North Carolina State Board of Elections, Raleigh
- Meisha S. Evans, Disability Rights North Carolina, Raleigh
- John N. "Nick" Fountain, Young Moore and Henderson PA, Raleigh
- W. Bain Jones Jr., Attorney at Law, Raleigh (Moderator)
- Katelyn R. Love, North Carolina State Board of Elections, Raleigh
- M. Jackson "Jack" Nichols, Nichols Choi & Lee PLLC, Raleigh
- Reginald D. O'Rourke, North Carolina Guardian ad Litem Program, Raleigh
- LaToya B. Powell, North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts, Raleigh
- W. Dixon Snukals, McGuireWoods LLP, Raleigh
- Robin L. Tatum, Office of the Raleigh City Attorney, Raleigh
- R. Bruce Thompson II, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, Raleigh
November 8, 2019
NCBA Administrative Law, Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Law, Government & Public Sector and Juvenile Justice & Children's Rights Sections
- Christina D. Cress, Nichols Choi & Lee PLLC, Raleigh (Planner)
- Brandy Bynum Dawson, Foundation for Health Leadership & Innovation, Cary (Planner)
- W. Bain Jones Jr., Attorney at Law, Raleigh (Planner)
- Reginald D. O’Rourke, North Carolina Guardian ad Litem Program, Raleigh (Planner)
- Joseph A. Ponzi, Brooks Pierce McLendon Humphrey & Leonard LLP, Greensboro (Planner)
- Paige C. Worsham, North Carolina Association of County Commissioners, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE/CPE Hours
Qualifies for NC State Bar Criminal Law Juvenile Delinquency Specialization (1.00 Hour)
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 800.228.3402 for details.