We are so pleased to welcome newly licensed North Carolina attorneys into the profession and look forward to having you join us as you start your legal journey!
Included as a member benefit, Professionalism for New Attorneys (PNA) provides each attendee with a full year of CLE credit and is complimentary for newly licensed attorneys.
A special thanks to North Carolina Bar Foundation Endowment for a grant which helps support this PNA program.
- Why Professionalism Is Important to You
- Overview of the North Carolina State Bar
- Ethics and Grievance Committees
- The Attorney-Client Relationship
- Technology and Your Responsibility to Your Clients
- Pro Bono Service in NC
- What I Didn't Learn in Law School
- How to Win in Trust Account Management
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Getting Lost in Our Own Lives
- Inner Workings of the Law Office: Public and Private Sectors
- Dealing With the Courts
- A View From the Bench: Cases and Examples of Professionalism and the Challenges of Being a New Lawyer
- Professionalism Insight and Voluntary Oath
Tuesday–Wednesday, December 5–6, 2023
Day 1: 8:25 AM–4:45 PM
Day 2: 8:25 AM–4:35 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
- Chief Judge Donna S. Stroud, North Carolina Court of Appeals, Raleigh
- Judge Paul C. Ridgeway, North Carolina Superior Court, Raleigh
- Kim Bart Mullikin, North Carolina Bar Foundation, Cary
- Jonathan M. Bogues, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Raleigh
- Kayla D. Britt, North Carolina Department of Justice, Raleigh
- Abigail R. "Abby" Breedlove, Jordan Price, Raleigh
- Alexandra "Alli" Davidson, Moore & Van Allen, Charlotte
- Ebony Freeland Bryant, North Carolina Bar Association, Cary
- Janean B. Dunn, Iqvia, Durham
- Spencer S. Fritts, The Law Offices of John M. McCabe PA, Cary
- Samantha E. Gordon, McIntyre Elder Law, Charlotte
- Leanor B. Hodge, North Carolina State Bar, Raleigh
- Carena Lemons, The Lemons Law Firm PLLC, Raleigh
- Michele Livingstone, Poyner Spruill, Raleigh
- Savannah B. Perry, North Carolina State Bar, Raleigh
- James Bradford "Brad" Piland, Raleigh
- Elysia M. Prendergast-Jones, Legal Aid of North Carolina, Raleigh
- Alex Rogers, North Carolina Bar Foundation, Cary
- Catherine Sanders Reach, North Carolina Bar Association, Cary
- Sarah Sheridan, Moore & Van Allen, Charlotte
- Arista "Ari" Sibrey, The Clauson Law Firm PLLC, Durham
- Kim K. Steffan, Steffan & Associates PC, Hillsborough
- Joshua "Josh" Walthall, Joshua Walthall Attorney at Law, Raleigh
NCBA CLE Department
North Carolina: 12.00 MCLE Hours
The NC State Bar requires full attendance at a Live or Webcast PNA program in order to receive CLE credit. A PNA program is required to be completed by:
- 12/31/2023 for those who pass the July 2022 and February 2023 North Carolina Bar Exam
- 12/31/2024 for those who pass the July 2023 and February 2024 North Carolina Bar Exam
Click here for the full NC State Bar rules and exemptions on PNA.
As a newly licensed attorney in North Carolina, you are automatically eligible for two years of complimentary membership in the North Carolina Bar Association. As a member, you also can register complimentary for this Professionalism for New Attorneys (PNA) CLE. But first, you have to JOIN!
If you have any questions about your membership or how to get involved, the Membership Department is here to help. For more information regarding your complimentary membership or access to the member benefits, please contact Member Services.
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Tuition is complimentary for NCBA Members who are newly licensed attorneys and required by the NC State Bar to take a PNA program.