The North Carolina Bar Association is your home for the best continuing legal education, professional development and networking, and we are pleased to welcome newly licensed North Carolina attorneys into the profession.
Included as a member benefit, Professionalism for New Attorneys (PNA) provides each attendee with a full year of CLE credit and is complimentary for newly licensed attorneys.
A special thanks to North Carolina Bar Foundation Endowment for a grant which helps support this PNA program.
- Why Professionalism Is Important to You
- Overview of the North Carolina State Bar
- Getting Lost in Our Own Lives
- Pro Bono Service in NC
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Technology and Your Responsibility to Your Clients
- What I Didn't Learn in Law School
- The Attorney-Client Relationship
- Ethics and Grievance Committees
- How to Win in Trust Account Management
- Inner Workings of the Law Office: Private Sector
- Inner Workings of the Law Office: Public Sector
- Dealing With the Courts
- Financial Planning Strategies
- A View From the Bench: Cases and Examples of Professionalism and the Challenges of Being a New Lawyer
- Professionalism Insight and Voluntary Oath
In-Person Live or Live Webcast
Tuesday–Wednesday, December 5–6, 2023
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
NCBA CLE Department
North Carolina: 12.00 MCLE Hours
The NC State Bar requires full attendance at a Live or Webcast PNA program in order to receive CLE credit. A PNA program is required to be completed by:
- 12/31/2023 for those who pass the July 2022 and February 2023 North Carolina Bar Exam
- 12/31/2024 for those who pass the July 2023 and February 2024 North Carolina Bar Exam
Click here for the full NC State Bar rules and exemptions on PNA.
Tuition is complimentary for NCBA Members (once licensed), who are newly licensed attorneys and required by the NC State Bar to take a PNA program.
Stay tuned for program registration!
Click "Notify Me" below to receive an email when the program is open for registration.