Designed to address a variety of topics, the 2023 Real Property Section Winter Program discusses an assortment of trends and developments in real property law.
These topics include commercial leasing, HOA matters such as solar panels and marketable titles, bankruptcy and receivership, and the 2021 ALTA forms.
- Welcome to the Land of Distress: Dealing With Real Property in Bankruptcy and Receivership
- Commercial Leasing: Practice Points and Lessons Learned
- What Took So Long? "Hot" Issues in the 2021 ALTA Forms
- What Is Hotter Than Hot? Solar Panels, Marketable Title and Other HOA Matters
- Land Use Entitlement Process in NC and the Regulation of Affordable Housing, Short-Term Rentals and Accessory Dwelling Units
- Competency and Confidentiality for Lawyers
Friday, February 17, 2023
8:55 AM–4:40 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Susan L. Elliott, Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton LLP, Raleigh
- Nancy S. Ferguson, Chicago Title Company LLC, Greensboro
- Preston Mitchell, Womble Bond Dickenson (US) LLP, Raleigh
- Catherine Sanders Reach, NC Bar Association, Cary
- Lisa P. Sumner, Nexsen Pruet LLC, Raleigh
- Michael C. "Mike" Thelen, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, Raleigh
- James Matthew "Matt" Waters, Jordan Price Wall Gray Jones & Carlton PLLC, Raleigh
NCBA Real Property Section
- Brittany M. Teague, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, Winston-Salem (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.