Designed to address a variety of topics, the 2023 Real Property Section Winter Program discusses an assortment of trends and developments in real property law.
These topics include commercial leasing, HOA matters such as solar panels and marketable titles, bankruptcy and receivership, and the 2021 ALTA forms.
- Welcome to the Land of Distress: Dealing With Real Property in Bankruptcy and Receivership
- Commercial Leasing: Practice Points and Lessons Learned
- What Took So Long? "Hot" Issues in the 2021 ALTA Forms
- What Is Hotter Than Hot? Solar Panels, Marketable Title and Other HOA Matters
- Land Use Entitlement Process in NC and the Regulation of Affordable Housing, Short-Term Rentals and Accessory Dwelling Units
- Competency and Confidentiality for Lawyers
In-Person Live or Live Webcast
Friday, February 17, 2023
Event start time varies based on delivery method. Click on the event at the bottom of the page for exact start times.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Click on the In-Person Live event at the bottom of the page for hotel information.
- Susan L. Elliott, Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton LLP, Raleigh
- Nancy S. Ferguson, Chicago Title Company LLC, Greensboro
- Catherine Sanders Reach, NC Bar Association, Cary
- Lisa P. Sumner, Nexsen Pruet LLC, Raleigh
- Michael C. "Mike" Thelen, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, Raleigh
- James Matthew "Matt" Waters, Jordan Price Wall Gray Jones & Carlton PLLC, Raleigh
NCBA Real Property Section
- Brittany M. Teague, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, Winston-Salem (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
Individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period (as defined by the CDC at the time of the event) should not attend NCBA/NCBF events in person. Should a registrant for an in-person CLE event begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms or fall within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period, they will be provided with a digital registration upon request.
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.