During the morning sessions, attendees learn about the various entities currently operating in ways that can disrupt government activities or threaten government employees and elected and appointed officials, how the activities of these entities can impact government operations, and strategies to manage such impacts should they occur.
In the afternoon, attendees receive updates on the Public Records Act and the open meetings law, discussing remote meetings post-emergency declaration, recent changes to applicable laws, and relevant appellate cases.
The program also dives into the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and discusses how it can be used to the benefit of state, local and administrative practitioners.
- Assessment: Disruptors, Disruptions and Threats
- Response Strategies: Disruptors, Disruptions and Threats
- FOIA, Touhy, Privacy Act and HIPAA
- Public Records Refresh and Update
- Open Meetings Refresh and Update
Thursday, November 10, 2022
8:25 AM–4:00 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Gill P. Beck, United States Attorney's Office – Western District of North Carolina, Asheville
- Robin Keller, Guilford County Attorney's Office, Greensboro
- Kristi Nickodem, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
- Patricia Norris, NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Raleigh
- J. Mark Payne, Guilford County Attorney's Office (retired), Greensboro
- David H. Schanzer, Duke University – Sanford School of Public Policy, Durham
- James Secor, Guilford County Sheriff's Office, Greensboro
- Kristina Wilson, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
NCBA Administrative Law and Government & Public Sector Sections
- Jeffrey P. Gray, Bailey & Dixon LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
- Matthew J. Pentz, Town of Cary, Cary (Planner)
- Taniya D. Reaves, Guilford County Attorney's Office, Greensboro (Planner)
- Ann B. Wall, Department of the Secretary of State, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.