The North Carolina Bar Association is your home for the best continuing legal education, professional development and networking, and we are pleased to welcome newly licensed North Carolina attorneys into the profession.
Included as a member benefit, Professionalism for New Attorneys (PNA) provides each attendee with a full year of CLE credit and is complimentary for newly licensed attorneys.
A special thanks to North Carolina Bar Foundation Endowment for a grant which helps support this PNA program.
- Why Professionalism Is Important to You
- Overview of the North Carolina State Bar
- Getting Lost in Our Own Lives
- Pro Bono Service in NC
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Technology and Your Responsibility to Your Clients
- What I Didn't Learn in Law School
- The Attorney-Client Relationship
- Ethics and Grievance Committees
- How to Win in Trust Account Management
- Inner Workings of the Law Office: Private Sector
- Inner Workings of the Law Office: Public Sector
- Dealing With the Courts
- Financial Planning Strategies
- A View From the Bench: Cases and Examples of Professionalism and the Challenges of Being a New Lawyer
- Professionalism Insight and Voluntary Oath
Tuesday-Wednesday, December 6-7, 2022
Day 1: 8:25 AM–4:40 PM
Day 2: 8:25 AM–4:40 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
- Chief Judge Donna S. Stroud, North Carolina Court of Appeals, Raleigh
- Judge Paul C. Ridgeway, North Carolina Superior Court, Raleigh
- Kim Bart Mullikin, North Carolina Bar Foundation, Cary
- Dauna L. Bartley, The Brocker Law Firm PA, Raleigh
- Jonathan M. Bogues, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Raleigh
- Kayla D. Britt, North Carolina Department of Justice, Raleigh
- Douglas J. "Doug" Brocker, The Brocker Law Firm PA, Raleigh
- Hope Derby Carmichael, Jordan Price Wall Gray Jones and Carlton PLLC, Raleigh
- Brian F. Castro, Womble Bond Dickinson (U.S.) LLP, Raleigh
- Samantha E. Gordon, Shane Smith Law, Charlotte
- Evin L. Grant, North Carolina Department of Administration, Raleigh
- Leanor B. Hodge, North Carolina State Bar, Raleigh
- Alicia W. Lewis, Anderson Jones PLLC, Raleigh
- Michele Livingstone, Kennon Craver PLLC, Durham
- Robynn E. Moraites, NC Lawyer Assistance Program, Raleigh
- Tanisha Palvia, Brooks Pierce McLendon Humphrey & Leonard LLP, Greensboro
- Savannah B. Perry, North Carolina State Bar, Raleigh
- James Bradford "Brad" Piland, Raleigh
- Elysia M. Prendergast-Jones, Legal Aid of North Carolina, Raleigh
- Catherine Sanders Reach, North Carolina Bar Association, Cary
- Alex Rogers, North Carolina Bar Foundation, Cary
- S. Collins Saint, Brooks Pierce McLendon Humphrey & Leonard LLP, Greensboro
- Sheila R. Spence, NantHealth, Morrisville
- Kim K. Steffan, Steffan & Associates PC, Hillsborough
- Patrick Yanke, Yanke Financial, Raleigh
NCBA CLE Department
North Carolina: 12.00 MCLE Hours
The NC State Bar requires full attendance at a Live or Webcast PNA program in order to receive CLE credit. A PNA program is required to be completed by:
- 12/31/2022 for those who pass the July 2021 and February 2022 North Carolina Bar Exam
- 12/31/2023 for those who pass the July 2022 and February 2023 North Carolina Bar Exam
Click here for the full NC State Bar rules and exemptions on PNA.
As a newly licensed attorney in North Carolina, you are automatically eligible for two years of complimentary membership in the North Carolina Bar Association. As a member, you also can enroll in this Professionalism for New Attorneys (PNA) CLE at no charge. But first, you have to JOIN!
If you have any questions about your membership or how to get involved, the Membership Department is here to help. For more information regarding your complimentary membership or access to the member benefits, please contact Member Services.
COVID-19 UPDATE Individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period (as defined by the CDC at the time of the event) should not attend NCBA/NCBF events in person. Should a registrant for an in-person CLE event begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms or fall within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period, they will be provided with a digital registration upon request.
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Tuition is complimentary for NCBA Members who are newly licensed attorneys and required by the NC State Bar to take a PNA program.