In this program, experienced practitioners address the basic tax and non-tax issues involved in estate planning and the drafting of wills and revocable trusts.
While designed primarily for attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, trusts officers and accountants who have limited experience in this area of practice, the program also serves as an excellent refresher course for those with more experience.
Join us for a review of estate planning objectives and basic estate planning documents (including powers of attorney), followed by an opportunity to discuss key issues related to drafting wills and drafting and funding revocable trusts. Participants also explore tax and non-tax considerations that influence drafting.
- Basics of Estate Planning
- Will Drafting: Non-tax Issues
- Will Drafting: Tax Issues
- Revocable Trust Drafting
In-Person Live or Live Webcast
Wednesday, February 14, 2024
Event start time varies based on delivery method. Click on the event at the bottom of the page for exact start times.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Click on the In-Person Live event at the bottom of the page for hotel information.
- John W. Forneris, Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson PA, Charlotte
- Brooks F. Jaffa, Cranford Buckley Schultze Tomchin Allen & Buie PA, Charlotte
- Judith U. Linville, Linville Law, Charlotte
- David R. Vines, Offit Kurman, Charlotte
NCBA Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section
- Kathryn Cook DeAngelo, Collins Family & Elder Law, Charlotte (Planner)
- Mackenzie Mills, Jones Branz & Whitaker, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
Qualifies for NC State Bar Estate Planning & Probate Law Specialization
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.