This CPE is for all paralegals, regardless of their level of family law experience.
New and seasoned paralegals benefit from this CPE as we discuss:
- Social media
- Intimate partner violence
- Long-term physical and mental health effects in divorce
- Dealing with the loss of a client
- Custody in blended families and how to make it work
- Filing equitable distribution claims when military pensions, benefits, and deadlines are involved
Of course, there is always room for ethics!
- Ethics Developments and Best Practices for Family Law Paralegals
- Intimate Partner Violence, Mental Health and the Prioritization of Self-Care
- Impact of Social Media
- What Does the Modern Family Look Like? Custody in Blended Families and How to Make It Work
- Land Mines on the Military Pension Minefields: Filing a Claim for Equitable Distribution for a Service Member and Meeting Military Deadlines
In-Person Live or Live Webcast
Thursday, October 26, 2023
Event start time varies based on delivery method. Click on the event at the bottom of the page for exact start times.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Click on the In-Person Live event at the bottom of the page for hotel information.
- Chief Judge Ned W. Mangum, NC District Court – 10th Judicial District, Raleigh
- Melissa R. Bawden, Wake County Family Court Office, Raleigh
- Katie H. King, Wake Family Law Group, Raleigh
- Katrina Kuzyszyn-Jones, Psy.D., KKJ Psychology, Durham
- Justin L. Mauney, Wake Family Law Group, Raleigh
- Fred M. Morelock, Tharrington Smith LLP, Raleigh
- Helen M. O'Shaughnessy, Wake Family Law Group, Raleigh
- Vanessa N. Puhak, Law Offices of Mark E. Sullivan PA, Raleigh
- Ketan P. Soni, Soni Brendle PLLC, Charlotte
NCBA Paralegal Division
- Joanne DeRosa, Barefoot Family Law, Raleigh (Planner)
- Jennifer M. Gaff, Raleigh Law Center, Raleigh (Planner)
- Margaret M. "Peggy" Pardue, Hampson Family Law, Raleigh (Planner)
- Melissa M. Serge, Law Offices of Mark E. Sullivan PA, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 CPE Hours
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are paralegal students. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.