Has the "return to normalcy" following the pandemic really returned us to our pre-pandemic normal?
Now more than ever we live in a mobile society where interstate issues are at the forefront of many of the areas we deal with in our daily practice. Where a client and relevant parties live, move from, move to, and the implications of being able to work and date remotely, not to mention keep tabs on children and significant others through apps and trackers, must all be thoroughly examined (and reexamined) throughout the duration of our cases.
From the initial consideration of how to obtain jurisdiction over a party to the emergence of technology and its impacts on family law, this CLE helps you navigate these new waters and offers practical tips and considerations as we all learn how to practice in this new normal.
- Tag! You're It! Personal Jurisdiction
- Winner Takes All: Custody and Relocation
- Alphabet Soup: UCCJEA and UIFSA
- Somebody's Watching Me: Apps, Cell Phones, AirTags, GPS Trackers, Social Media, Nanny Cams, Ring Cameras, Oh My!
- With a Little Help from My Friends: Practice Ideas in This Modern World
- Times, They Are a-Changin': New Developments in Code of Ethics
Friday, September 22, 2023
8:55 AM–4:40 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Amy L. Britt, Parker Bryan Family Law, Raleigh
- Jacob C. Ehrmann, Montford Family Law, Asheville
- Seth A. Glazer, Godley Glazer & Funk PLLC, Charlotte
- Evan B. Horwitz, Tharrington Smith LLP, Raleigh
- Emily C. Jeske, Bosquez Porter Family Law, Raleigh
- Alicia Jurney, Smith Debnam Narron Drake Saintsing & Myers LLP, Raleigh
- Katie H. King, Wake Family Law Group, Raleigh
- Bennett D. Rainey, Kurtz Whitley Guy & Simos PLLC, Winston-Salem
- Rebecca K. Watts, Collins Family Law Group, Monroe
NCBA Family Law Section
- Andrea Bosquez-Porter, Bosquez Porter Family Law PLLC, Raleigh (Planner)
- Anna W. Munroe, Allman Spry Leggett Davis & Crumpler PA, Winston-Salem (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.