Contracts, Controversies and Completion, the 2023 Construction Law Section Fall Program, traces a construction dispute from contract formation to litigation, and everything in between. Join industry experts as they share insights into how to draft a contract that anticipates problems, how to prepare a case for litigation, how to settle a case at mediation, and if that doesn't work, how to win at trial.
This program explores alternative construction delivery methods, provides skills to effectively help your clients obtain (or keep) a professional license, and discusses the latest updates and changes in North Carolina's construction case law.
- What Does the Contract Say?
- They Did What?!
- Find the Smoking Gun!
- P3s in North Carolina
- Project Delivery Methods
- Mediation 101
- Trial by Fire
- What's the Latest 411?
Friday–Saturday, September 29–30, 2023
Day 1: 8:55 AM–4:30 PM
Day 2: 8:55 AM–4:30 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Jeff Bandini, Innovate P3 LLC, Raleigh
- Robert L. "Bob" Burchette, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- B. David Carson, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- Luke J. Farley, Ellis & Winters LLP, Raleigh
- Reed N. Fountain, Young Moore & Henderson PA, Raleigh
- Jason B. James, James | deNobriga PLLC, Charlotte
- John I. Mabe Jr., Maynard Nexsen PC, Raleigh
- Robert A. "Bob" Meynardie, Meynardie & Nanney PLLC, Raleigh
- Parker E. Moore, ARCO Design/Build Charlotte
- Eugene F. "Gene" Rash, Smith Currie & Hancock LLP, Charlotte
- Erik M. Rosenwood, Rosenwood Rose & Litwak PLLC, Charlotte
- William C. "Casey" Vaughn, Smith Anderson Blount Dorsett Mitchell & Jernigan LLP, Raleigh
- Jay M. Wilkerson, Conner Gwyn Schenck PLLC, Raleigh
NCBA Construction Law Section
- Andrew P. Atkins, Smith Anderson Blount Dorsett Mitchell & Jernigan LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
- Jonathan W. Massell, Maynard Nexsen PC, Raleigh (Planner)
- Charles G. "Charlie" Middlebrooks, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, Charlotte (Planner)
- R. Lee Robertson Jr., Robertson & Associates PA, Charlotte (Planner)
North Carolina: 12.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.