Contracts, Controversies and Completion, the 2023 Construction Law Section Fall Program, traces a construction dispute from contract formation to litigation, and everything in between. Join industry experts as they share insights into how to draft a contract that anticipates problems, how to prepare a case for litigation, how to settle a case at mediation, and if that doesn't work, how to win at trial.
This program explores alternative construction delivery methods, provides skills to effectively help your clients obtain (or keep) a professional license, and discusses the latest updates and changes in North Carolina's construction case law.
- What Does the Contract Say?
- They Did What?!
- Find the Smoking Gun!
- P3s in North Carolina
- Project Delivery Methods
- Mediation 101
- Trial by Fire
- What's the Latest 411?
In-Person Live or Live Webcast
Friday–Saturday, September 29–30, 2023
Event start time varies based on delivery method. Click on the event at the bottom of the page for exact start times.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
Hilton Charlotte Uptown, 222 East Third Street, Charlotte
Click on the In-Person Live event at the bottom of the page for hotel information.
- Jeff Bandini, Innovate P3 LLC, Raleigh
- Robert L. "Bob" Burchette, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- B. David Carson, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- Luke J. Farley, Ellis & Winters LLP, Raleigh
- Reed N. Fountain, Young Moore & Henderson PA, Raleigh
- Jason B. James, James | deNobriga PLLC, Charlotte
- John I. Mabe Jr., Maynard Nexsen PC, Raleigh
- Robert A. "Bob" Meynardie, Meynardie & Nanney PLLC, Raleigh
- Parker E. Moore, ARCO Design/Build Charlotte
- Eugene F. "Gene" Rash, Smith Currie & Hancock LLP, Charlotte
- Erik M. Rosenwood, Rosenwood Rose & Litwak PLLC, Charlotte
- William C. "Casey" Vaughn, Smith Anderson Blount Dorsett Mitchell & Jernigan LLP, Raleigh
- Jay M. Wilkerson, Conner Gwyn Schenck PLLC, Raleigh
NCBA Construction Law Section
- Andrew P. Atkins, Smith Anderson Blount Dorsett Mitchell & Jernigan LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
- Jonathan W. Massell, Maynard Nexsen PC, Raleigh (Planner)
- Charles G. "Charlie" Middlebrooks, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, Charlotte (Planner)
- R. Lee Robertson Jr., Robertson & Associates PA, Charlotte (Planner)
North Carolina: 12.00 MCLE Hours
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.