Thank you for joining us today.
Getting a client relationship right from the outset – defining scope, setting reasonable expectations – greatly helps set up the relationship for success and helps avoid disputes with clients.
There are issues of identifying and clearing conflicts of interest, or getting them waived in writing. There are issues of explaining billing policies to clients, ensuring they understand, and putting it in writing. There are issues of communication – explaining how and when you will communicate with clients about their case, and about decision-making.
This program provides a practical guide to drafting engagement letters and best practices in new client intake.
- Engagement letters – best practices in setting scope and expectations
- Explaining bill rates and practices – tips on avoiding disputes
- Conflict of interest clearance – current clients, past clients
- Drafting and obtaining conflict of interest waivers
- Attorney-client privilege considerations