Employers are required to provide leave to employees and often reinstate them to the same job category when they return.
The FMLA, ADA and other federal statues establish a variety of eligibility standards and circumstances in which employers must offer leave or incur liability for failure to do so. The complexity of these statutes exposes clients to substantial risk and liability if leave policy is not properly drafted and administered.
This program provides a practical guide to the sources of federal employee leave law, covered employees and qualifying circumstances, how leave can and should be incorporated into employer policies and handbooks to avoid liability.
- Recent developments impacting employee leave
- Who is covered by leave law and what circumstances are entitled to leave?
- Duration of leave and what compensation/benefits must employers provide
- Job category reinstatement after leave
- Incorporating leave into employer policies and employee handbooks
- Medical certificate, proof of eligibility, administration of leave policy
Friday, July 7, 2023
- Kenneth M. Willner, Paul Hastings LLP, Washington, D.C.
July 7, 2023
North Carolina: 1.00 MCLE Hour
See pricing below.