Join us this summer as we meet in person at Kiawah Island for the 44th Annual Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Program. This program, also offered by Live Webcast, provides three mornings of CLE covering significant estate planning, estate administration and tax issues.
Designed to benefit both new and experienced lawyers alike, attendees learn practical tips and gain insight to help you navigate challenges and opportunities in the current environment.
Coinciding with the annual meeting of the Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section, this program — attended by attorneys, CPAs, trust officers and other estate planning professionals from North Carolina and beyond — offers opportunities to network with colleagues in the estate planning arena.
This program covers a variety of dynamic topics, including the following:
- Federal and State Recent Developments
- Estate Planning for the Middle Wealthy by keynote speaker Bob Kirkland
- The SECURE Act
- Business Succession Planning by featured speaker Josh Husbands
- Asset Protection as Part of Your Estate Planning Strategies
- LLC Planning and New Disclosure Legislation
- Recent Developments
- State Legislative Updates: What You Need to Know for 2023 and Beyond
- Estate Planning for the Middle Wealthy
- The Evolution of the SECURE Act: Proposed Regulations and SECURE 2.0
- Spousal Rights in Estate Administration
- Business Succession Planning
- Asset Protection Using Tenancy by the Entirety Ownership and Pitfalls of Arbitration Provisions
- LLCs in Estate Planning, Including FinCEN Rules
- An Inside Look at Cybersecurity and How You Can Protect Yourself
Thursday–Saturday, July 20–22, 2023
Day 1: 7:30 AM–12:45 PM
Day 2: 7:45 AM–12:00 PM
Day 3: 7:45 AM–12:00 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
Kiawah Island Golf Resort, 2 Shipwatch Road, Kiawah Island, SC | West Beach Conference Center
- S. Kyle Agee, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- Elizabeth K. "Liz" Arias, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, Raleigh
- Christina G. Hinkle, McPherson Rocamora Nicholson Wilson & Hinkle PLLC, Durham
- Joshua E. "Josh" Husbands, Holland & Knight, Portland, OR
- John N. Hutson Jr., Young Moore & Henderson PA, Raleigh
- Robert K. "Bob" Kirkland, Kirkland Woods & Martinsen LLP, Liberty, MO
- Judith U. "Judy" Linville, Linville Law Office PLLC, Charlotte
- M. Kemp Mosley, Narron Wenzel PA, Raleigh
- Stacy M. Reid Monroe, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- N. Lucille "Lucy" Siler, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- Ileana van der Linde, JP Morgan Chase & Company, New York, NY
- Catherine L. Wilson, McPherson Rocamora Nicholson Wilson & Hinkle PLLC, Durham
NCBA Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section
- Sandra M. "Sandy" Clark, Manning Fulton & Skinner PA, Raleigh (Planner)
- Christopher N. Hewitt, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, Winston-Salem (Planner)
North Carolina: 10.25 MCLE Hours
Individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period (as defined by the CDC at the time of the event) should not attend NCBA/NCBF events in person. Should a registrant for an in-person CLE event begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms or fall within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period, they will be provided with a digital registration upon request.
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.