The North Carolina Bar Association's Insurance Law Section is pleased to offer its annual CLE program exploring a number of topics in the area of insurance law.
This year's program unpacks coverage and litigation issues, including resolution of property insurance claims through appraisal and mediation, stacking in uninsured and underinsured motorist claims, and key considerations in cybersecurity. The always-popular "Top 10 Insurance Law Decisions" returns, along with a discussion of continuing issues arising from COVID-related losses.
Finally, the program reviews Radiator Specialty Company v. Arrowood Indemnity Company and its impact on coverage triggers, coverage allocation across multiple policies and policy exhaustion.
- Top 10 Insurance Law Decisions of 2022
- Radiator Specialty Company v. Arrowood Indemnity Company: A Look at Trigger, Allocation, Exhaustion and More
- Resolution of Property Insurance Claims Through Appraisal and Mediation
- Sex, Unauthorized Practice of Law and Trust Accounting
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims: When Can an Insured Stack Insurance Policies?
- Insurance Claims: Continuing Issues Arising From COVID-Related Losses
- Cybersecurity: A New Year's Resolution
Rebroadcast (Original Program Date: January 27, 2023)
Friday, May 12, 2023
8:55 AM–4:25 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- C. Patrick F. Brown, Lawyers Mutual Liability Insurance Company of NC, Cary
- Andrew P. Flynt, Young Moore and Henderson PA, Raleigh
- Gagan Gupta, Tin Fulton Walker & Owen, Chapel Hill
- Jonathan G. Hardin, Perkins Coie LLP, Washington, D.C.
- William F. Lipscomb, Lipscomb Law Firm, Wilkesboro
- Rebecca Huffman Ugolick, Howard Stallings From Atkins Angell & Davis PA, Raleigh
- Joshua Walthall, Boerema Blackton, Raleigh
- Adam White, Pinto Coates Kyre & Bowers PLLC, Greensboro
- Spencer T. Wiles, Robinson Bradshaw, Charlotte
NCBA Insurance Law Section
- R. Steven DeGeorge, Robinson Bradshaw, Charlotte (Planner)
- Christy C. Dunn, Young Moore and Henderson PA, Raleigh (Planner)
- Lenneka H. Feliciano, Pinto Coates Kyre & Bowers PLLC, Greensboro (Planner)
- Daniel J. Knight, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.