It's easy to get into a construction contract. It's a lot messier to get out of one.
This program examines the considerations for owners, designers, contractors, subcontractors and sureties when there is not enough love in the world to keep the project together.
- The Heart of the Matter: The Owner's Right to Terminate
- Leather and Lace: How Design Professionals Fit in a Termination
- The End of the Innocence: How to Represent a General Contractor Being Terminated for Cause
- New York Minute: What Performance Bond Sureties Face When the Termination Call Comes
- The Boys of Summer: Considerations for Subcontractors and Suppliers When the Prime Gets Canned
- All She Wants to Do Is Dance: Ethical Quandaries for Lawyers Advising Clients in Terminations
Rebroadcast (Original Program Date: February 16, 2023)
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
8:55 AM–4:00 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Ryan L. Beaver, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP, Charlotte
- James Bernier, North Carolina Department of Justice, Raleigh
- Steven A. Bimbo, Smith Terry & Windle, Charlotte
- Melissa Dewey Brumback, Ragsdale Liggett PLLC, Raleigh
- Alex Ferri, Ward and Smith PA, Raleigh
- Daniel R. Hansen, Shumaker Loop & Kendrick LLP, Charlotte
- J. Patrick Haywood, Carruthers & Roth P.A., Greensboro
- Bentford E. "Ben" Martin, Hamilton Stephens Steele + Martin PLLC, Charlotte
- Sandra Mitterling Schilder, Ragsdale Liggett PLLC, Raleigh
- Jason T. Strickland, Ward and Smith PA, Raleigh
NCBA Construction Law Section
- Andrew P. Atkins, Smith Anderson, Raleigh (Planner)
- Jonathan W. Massell, Nexsen Pruet PLLC, Raleigh (Planner)
- Charles G. "Charlie" Middlebrooks, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte (Planner)
- Brian J. Schoolman, Safran Law Offices, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.