Thank you for joining us today.
Wage and hour regulations impact every employer. Whether a worker is classified as an employee or independent contractor and employees as "exempt" or "non-exempt" for purposes of overtime has major implications for employer tax and non-tax compliance.
Failure to properly classify a worker can lead to substantial financial liability for employers and compliance has become more difficult as employers, following commercial trends, employee more "gig" workers or independent contractors. Enforcement by the US Department of Labor and state equivalents is increasing.
This program provides a practical guide to major developments in overtime rules and regulations and provide guidance on best practices to avoid liability.
- Major case law and regulatory developments impacting overtime compliance
- Continuing classification litigation around "gig" economy workers
- Anticipated Biden Administration changes to overtime rules
- Changes to the "PAID" independent audit program
- Best practices to avoid misclassification liability