The practice of education law is continuously shifting due to changes in the law, society and our client communities. This program explores several areas of our practice that are significantly impacted by these changes, such as employment and athletics.
The content is designed for education law practitioners who represent public and private elementary, secondary, and post-secondary schools and includes topics of interest to both the junior and seasoned attorney.
- May Day! Title IX In Flux
- A Change Is Gonna Come: Avoiding Common Employer Pitfalls and Navigating Employee Disputes
- Polarized Politics and Professional Conduct
- Athletics: Changes On and Off the Field
- Waiting on the World to Change: An Update on the School Law Landscape
- A Welcome Constant: Case Law Update
Friday, April 14, 2023
8:45 AM–5:00 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Tawanda Artis, North Carolina Community College System, Raleigh (Moderator)
- Chris Campbell, Campbell Shatley LLP, Asheville
- Kris Caudle, Campbell Shatley LLP, Asheville
- Murphie Chappell, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro
- Thomas Colclough, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Charlotte
- James S. Humphrey IV, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte
- Q. Shante Martin, Cranfill Sumner LLP, Charlotte
- June Melvin, North Carolina Office of Administrative Hearings, Raleigh
- Katie Renaut, UNC Charlotte, Charlotte
- Brian Shaw, Poyner Spruill LLP, Raleigh
- Ken Soo, Tharrington Smith, Raleigh
- Marilyn Que Tucker, North Carolina High School Athletic Association, Chapel Hill
- Rebecca Williams, Poyner Spruill LLP, Raleigh
NCBA Education Law Section
- Isabel Alele, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte (Planner)
- Keir D. Morton-Manley, North Carolina Central University, Durham (Planner)
- Grace S. Pennerat, Poyner Spruill LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
- RaShawnda Murphy Williams, Cranfill Sumner LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.50 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.