Allowing student athletes to gain financial benefits from name, image and likeness (NIL) provides new opportunities and new hurdles for student athletes, schools, collectives and attorneys. To help attorneys understand what NIL means for student athletes, we warm up with the basics.
This program discusses how NIL works — including common legal issues to consider and potential impacts on your clients — setting you up to win with a strong foundation, best practices and practical takeaways.
- What Is NIL? How Does It Relate to Student Athletes?
- NIL and International Student Athletes
- Current Issues With NIL Compliance and Enforcement
Friday, June 9, 2023
8:55 AM–12:20 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Mike Ingersoll, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, Charlotte
- Barbara Osborne, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, Chapel Hill
- Sherrod Seward, OAKLG Legal Group, Charlotte
NCBA Sports & Entertainment Law Section
- Christy A. Coates, Chestek Legal, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 3.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.