The evolving landscape of intellectual property continues to impact a variety of different areas.
During this program, explore some of the trending topics and current issues — including artificial intelligence, due diligence in IP transactions, inequitable conduct and cybersecurity.
Join us for an insightful discussion that brings you up to speed on the latest updates and recent developments in IP law.
- IP Due Diligence in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Inequitable Conduct Lives!
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Meets Intellectual Property
- Trademark Hot Topics
- Patent Law Updates
- Untangling the Web: Understanding and Adapting to Recent Data Privacy and Security Developments
Thursday, March 30, 2023
8:25 AM–4:40 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
- Graham T. Dean, Troutman Pepper Hamilton Sanders LLP, Raleigh
- Lincoln S. Essig, Knobbe Martens, Washington, DC
- Emily M. Haas, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Raleigh
- Thomas L. "Tom" Irving, Finnegan Henderson Farabow Garrett & Dunner LLP, Washington, DC
- Spencer C. Joffrion, Dechert LLP, New York, NY
- James "Jim" Koenig, Troutman Pepper Hamilton Sanders LLP, New York, NY
- Lance A. Lawson, Burr Forman McNair LLP, Charlotte
- Richard T. Matthews, Williams Mullen, Raleigh
NCBA Intellectual Property Law Section
- David Grant, Stanek Lemon Crouse and Meeks PA, Raleigh (Planner)
- Seth L. Hudson, Clements Bernard Walker PLLC, Charlotte (Planner)
- Sarah W. Wheaton, Dechert LLP, Charlotte (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
Individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period (as defined by the CDC at the time of the event) should not attend NCBA/NCBF events in person. Should a registrant for an in-person CLE event begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms or fall within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period, they will be provided with a digital registration upon request.
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.