If you are an attorney who practices before — or who counsels and represents — administrative agencies, this CLE is for you!
Learn about significant changes resulting from recent and pending legislation and get up to speed on the latest North Carolina and federal cases. Discuss appellate strategies and procedures, ethical dilemmas for administrative attorneys and delve into the rulemaking process.
Join us for an insightful program packed with nuts-and-bolts updates for your administrative law practice.
- Legislative Updates
- Federal and North Carolina Case Law Update
- Reviewing the Review: Appellate Strategies for Administrative Law Practitioners
- You’re Wrong…About the Rules of Professional Conduct
- The Law of Making Rules
Friday, March 24, 2023
8:35 AM–4:00 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
- Seth M. Ascher, Rules Review Commission, Raleigh
- Kelley A. DeAngelus, The North Carolina State Bar, Raleigh
- David P. Ferrell, Nexsen Pruet, Raleigh
- R. Daniel "Dan" Gibson, Stam Law Firm PLLC, Apex
- Catherine Lee, Hedrick Gardner, Raleigh
- Claire R. O'Brien, Brooks Pierce McLendon Humphrey & Leonard LLP, Greensboro
- Savannah B. Perry, The North Carolina State Bar, Raleigh
- Clinton R. Pinyan, Brooks Pierce McLendon Humphrey & Leonard LLP, Greensboro
- Troy D. Shelton, Fox Rothschild LLP, Raleigh
- Frank X. Trainor, North Carolina Board of CPA Examiners, Raleigh (Moderator)
NCBA Administrative Law Section
- Frank X. Trainor, North Carolina Board of CPA Examiners, Raleigh (Planner)
- Stephen J. White, Ott Cone & Redpath PA, Greensboro (Planner)
North Carolina: 5.00 MCLE Hours
Individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period (as defined by the CDC at the time of the event) should not attend NCBA/NCBF events in person. Should a registrant for an in-person CLE event begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms or fall within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period, they will be provided with a digital registration upon request.
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.