This program provides a real-world guide to due diligence in real estate transactions – what information you need, where to get it, and the timeframes involved – depending on the type of transaction involved.
The relationship between the duration and depth of due diligence and the state of the market – how "hot" markets involve more risk because sellers or others are reluctant to give lengthy diligence periods – is discussed.
The program also discusses using information obtained in diligence to draft specific reps and warranties.
This program provides a real-world guide to planning due diligence in real estate transaction – essential information to obtain depending on the transaction involved and how to tie that information the transaction's reps and warranties.
- Relationship between diligence and market conditions – willingness of sellers to cooperate or not
- Using diligence to draft specific reps and warranties
- Service contracts, condominium HOAs, and other contracts
- Review of leases, rent rolls, and financial statements
- Title work – liens and other encumbrances
- Zoning, regulatory and tax issues
- Notices of new or special tax assessments
Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Richard R. Goldberg, Ballard Spahr LLP, Philadelphia, PA
February 14, 2023
North Carolina: 1.00 MCLE Hour
See pricing below.