Practice does not make perfect. But often we feel the need to be perfect within our own practice.
This program is meant to help perfect our practice by focusing on topics that often get overlooked, in an effort to achieve a more well-rounded practice.
- Marijuana Use and How It Can Alter Judgment, Perception and Behavior
- It's a Grey Matter (of Law)
- Forms and Motions Practice Before the Claims Administration Section and the Executive Secretary's Office
- Labor Market and Vocational Rehabilitation Implications of the Pandemic
- Navigating Mediation Ethics Challenges While Advocating for Your Client
- Return-to-Work Issues in Workers' Compensation
- Murdaugh, Murder and Murky Ethics
- Case Law Update
In-Person Live or Live Webcast
Friday–Saturday, February 3-4, 2023
Event start time varies based on delivery method. Click on the event at the bottom of the page for exact start times.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
Grandover Resort, 1000 Club Road, Greensboro
Click on the In-Person Live event at the bottom of the page for hotel information.
- Heather T. Baker, Teague Campbell, Raleigh
- Brittany Brown Walton, North Carolina Industrial Commission, Raleigh
- Jacqueline R. "Jackie" Clare, Mediator, Raleigh
- Thomas R. "Tom" Clare, Mediator, Raleigh
- Charles "Trey" Collier III, The Collier Law Firm, Charlotte
- Dr. O. Del Curling Jr., Neurosurgery and Pain Specialists, Winston-Salem
- Dr. Mark Dumonski, Guilford Orthopedics, Greensboro
- Casey Francis, The Deuterman Law Group, Greensboro
- Michael A. Fryar, Fryar Rehabilitation Services, Kernersville
- Brian Groesser, Midkiff Muncie & Ross, Raleigh
- Meredith Henderson, North Carolina Industrial Commission, Raleigh
- Carla J. Kinslow, Ph.D., Rimkus, Houston, TX
- Amy Pagani, Willson Jones Carter & Baxley, Raleigh
- Cameron D. Simmons, Cameron Simmons Law, Wilmington
- Dolph Sumner, Mullen Holland & Cooper, Gastonia
- Gina Vieceli, Professional Vocational Services, Holly Springs
NCBA Workers' Compensation Section
- Brian Groesser, Midkiff Muncie & Ross, Raleigh (Planner)
- Jack Waissen, The Deuterman Law Group, Greensboro (Planner)
North Carolina: 9.00 MCLE Hours
Individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period (as defined by the CDC at the time of the event) should not attend NCBA/NCBF events in person. Should a registrant for an in-person CLE event begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms or fall within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period, they will be provided with a digital registration upon request.
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.