This program is developed for attorneys who are new to the practice of business law, as well as for more experienced attorneys seeking an update on recent legal developments.
Sessions include overviews of entities, formation and governance, plus valuable instruction in related areas like tax, employment, intellectual property and securities laws.
Attendees also learn about the basics of a business transaction and receive tips to leverage technology to further their practice of business law.
- Legal Entity Choice
- Basics of Business Taxation
- Corporation Organization and Operations
- Issue Spotting: Overview of Common Intellectual Property (IP) Issues for Non-IP Attorneys
- Merger & Acquisition Transactions
- Basics of Private Placements
- Basics of Employment Law
- Tech Tips for Lawyers to Make Your Practice More Efficient
Friday, October 7, 2022
8:25 AM–5:30 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
- Benjamin R. Holland, Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart PC, Charlotte
- April E. Kight, Schell Bray PLLC, Greensboro
- Stephen F. Later, Robbins May & Rich LLP, Pinehurst
- Katie A. Lawson, The Law Office of Katie A. Lawson PLLC, Durham
- Douglas W. "Doug" Meier, NK Patent Law PLLC, Raleigh
- Brandy B. Milazzo, Ascension Law, Charlotte
- Catherine Sanders Reach, North Carolina Bar Association, Cary
- Jeffrey R. "Jeff" Wolfe, Schell Bray PLLC, Greensboro
NCBA Business Law Section
- Elizabeth M. "Lizzie" Snow, Robbins May & Rich LLP, Pinehurst (Planner)
- Andrew D. Steffensen, Schell Bray PLLC, Greensboro (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.50 MCLE Hours
Individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period (as defined by the CDC at the time of the event) should not attend NCBA/NCBF events in person. Should a registrant for an in-person CLE event begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms or fall within a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period, they will be provided with a digital registration upon request.
Masks remain optional at NCBA/NCBF in-person events, and we encourage all attendees to use good health and safety practices. The NCBA/NCBF does not provide notification of potential exposure following in-person events.
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.