This two-day program, designed for both new and experienced family lawyers, covers a wide variety of family law topics. Attendees explore the basic tenets of a family law practice and practical aspects of operating in this area of law in an ethical manner.
This program also includes a discussion of how the practice has changed due to the pandemic and the increased use of technology.
- Client Selection, Intake and Preparation
- How to Play Well With Others: Ponton's Top 10
- Child Support
- Postseparation Support and Alimony
- Child Custody
- Equitable Distribution
- Civil Procedure and Discovery
- Trial Prep: Evidentiary Foundations and Objections
- How To Reach a Settlement? Mediation and ADR
- Drafting Orders, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs) and Appellate Issues
- Enforcement Tips: Contempt and Breach of Contract
- Post-pandemic Changes to Our Practice: Virtual Hearings, E-courts, Email Certificates of Service, Video Notarization, Etc.
In-Person Live or Live Webcast
Thursday-Friday, November 3-4, 2022
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
NCBA Family Law Section
North Carolina: 12.00 MCLE Hours
Click "Notify Me" below to receive an email when the program is open for registration.