This program provides a practical guide to the most important provisions of employment agreements, common sources of dispute and litigation, and traps.
The program covers scope of duties (and how they may change over time), forms of compensation and benefits (including deferred compensation), and objective/measurable performance standards.
The program also discusses planning for the possible release of the employee, limiting liability, and protecting confidential information and trade secrets to which the employee may have had access.
This program provides a practical guide to drafting successful employment agreements.
Part 2 topics include:
- Term of employment – fixed or variable terms, extensions, and discharge
- Anticipating severance and building in dispute mitigation and resolution provisions
- Severance benefits on voluntary and involuntary separation – and tying them to confidentiality and non-competition
- Non-disparagement of employer on discharge or voluntary departure
- Essential mediation and choice of law considerations