Thank you for joining us today.
This program provides a practical guide to defending closely held businesses and owners against IRS audits and collection activity.
The program discusses counseling clients about what to expect in the process and preparing their documentation for review. It also covers assessing their potential liability and preparing strategies accordingly. The differences between income and employment tax issues is also covered.
This program provides a real world guide to defending against IRS audit and collection activity of closely held companies.
Part 1 topics include:
- Ascertaining the IRS's goals and determining a reasonable range of settlements
- Types of settlements and IRS settlement standards
- Appeals process and rates of success at each level
- Negotiating an audit settlement in anticipation of collections
- Collections process, defenses, and forms of penalty