Nothing is routine anymore. Real estate transactions are changing in North Carolina as development continues to grow in all parts of the state. There always seem to be new issues to address in lease or contract terms, or twists on terms in restrictive covenants.
This program highlights some different perspectives on standard real estate documents — including loan documents, contracts, ground leases and restrictive covenants — and reviews some new issues facing the real estate practitioner.
- Negotiating Loan Documents
- Solar Farm Ground Leases
- Structuring a Joint Venture
- Corporate Transparency Act
- Regulating Short-Term Rentals in Restrictive Covenants
- Recent Ethics Opinions for Real Estate Practitioners
Friday, September 16, 2022
8:25 AM–4:40 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
- Chris Bobby, Manning Fulton & Skinner PA, Raleigh
- Kirsten Foyles, FirstBank, Southern Pines
- H. Weldon Jones III, Jordan Price Wall Gray Jones & Carlton PLLC, Raleigh
- David M. McCallum, Nexsen Pruet PLLC, Raleigh
- Brian Oten, North Carolina State Bar, Raleigh
- Brinson Taylor, Manning Fulton & Skinner PA, Raleigh
- Daniel Vandergriff, Blanco Tackabery, Winston-Salem
NCBA Real Property Section
- Alison Riopel Cayton, Manning Fulton & Skinner PA, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.