It is no secret that health care is evolving at a rapid pace. Driven by necessity to keep up with a world forever changed by the pandemic — increasingly driven by technology and remote interaction — providers, payors and other stakeholders must continue to innovate how health care is delivered.
Hear from policymakers, law firm and in-house attorneys, government officials, and entrepreneurs as they dive into strategies for survival in an ever-changing world, offering practical solutions for health care stakeholders and their counsel. Featured speaker Dr. Mark McClellan, a founding director of Duke University's Margolis Center for Health Policy and former CMS administrator and FDA commissioner, also shares his remarks on the future of health care.
During this program, attendees explore the legal and regulatory challenges stemming from the explosion of telemedicine and employment law issues caused or exacerbated by the pandemic. We then discuss how changes wrought by the pandemic coincide with advances in technology and challenge traditional notions of data privacy and security, while the federal government's continued push toward electronic health information interoperability has resulted in significant activity at the federal level related to the regulation of data.
To round out the day, an attorney-physician offers a unique perspective on how lawyers can maintain emotional wellness in our demanding field, sharing concrete actions we each can take to decrease our personal stress.
- Health Care Innovations and Their Impacts
- The Telemedicine Explosion: Policy Considerations and Practical Realities
- HR Gone WILD: Shots, Shouts, Shortages and More
- Privacy and Data Compliance Challenges From All Angles: Practical Tips to Manage Risk
- How to Be a Peace-Filled Attorney
Friday, August 5, 2022 (Original Live Webcast Date: April 22, 2022)
8:55 AM–3:20 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Gina L. Bertolini, K&L Gates LLP, Research Triangle Park
- Tara N. Cho, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, Raleigh
- Marcus B. Jimison, North Carolina Medical Board, Raleigh
- Patricia Kelly, Novant Health, Charlotte
- John H. Lawrence, K&L Gates LLP, Research Triangle Park
- Alexander Lyon "Alex" Maultsby, Ramseur Maultsby LLP, Greensboro
- Patti West Ramseur, Ramseur Maultsby LLP, Greensboro
- Leah D'Aurora Richardson, K&L Gates LLP, Research Triangle Park
- William M. "Bill" Satterwhite, Herrin Health Law PC, Atlanta, GA
- Robert Saunders, Ph.D, Duke University Margolis Center for Health Policy, Durham
NCBA Health Law Section
- Gina L. Bertolini, K&L Gates LLP, Research Triangle Park (Planner)
- Sarah B. Crotts, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, Charlotte (Planner)
- John William Gibson, Smith Anderson, Raleigh (Planner)
- Ted Lotchin, WakeMed Health & Hospitals, Raleigh (Planner)
- Antonia A. "Toni" Peck, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, Research Triangle Park (Planner)
- William M. "Bill" Satterwhite, Herrin Health Law PC, Atlanta, GA (Planner)
- David A. Senter Jr., Young Moore & Henderson PA, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 5.50 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.