Businesses frequently pool their resources – capital, expertise, marketing, distribution – in joint ventures, leveraging their individual strengths by partnering with companies with complementary strengths. There are many types of JVs – contractual strategic alliances, entity-based ventures, and other hybrid forms – each with its tradeoffs.
JV agreements involve contributions by the parties, allocating management control, access to information, ownership of jointly developed property, dispute resolution, and transfers of interests.
This program provides a practical guide to planning and drafting joint ventures.
Part 1 topics include:
- Framework of considerations – formality, capital, tax issues, management control, exits
- Types of joint ventures – contractual strategic alliances v. shared entities v. hybrids
- Choice of entity – incorporated entities v. LPs and general partnerships v. LLCs
- Management, access to information, deadlocks and resolution
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
- Peter J. Kinsella, Perkins Coie LLP, Denver, CO
August 16, 2022
North Carolina: 1.00 MCLE Hour
See pricing below.