Join us this summer as we return in person to Kiawah Island for our 43rd annual estate planning and fiduciary law program. This program, also offered by Live Webcast, provides three mornings of CLE covering significant estate planning, estate administration and tax issues.
Designed to benefit both new and experienced lawyers alike, the 43rd Annual Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Program offers practical tips and insight to help you navigate challenges and opportunities in the current environment.
Coinciding with the annual meeting of the Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section, this program — attended by attorneys, CPAs, trust officers and other estate planning professionals from North Carolina and beyond — offers opportunities to network with colleagues in the estate planning arena.
- Federal and State Update
- Legislative Update
- Cross-Border Conundrums: Identifying and Handling International Issues in Our Daily Practice
- Survey of Directed Trusts in the Carolinas
- All Things "E" (Electronic)
- Tax Controversy
- What the Cool Kids Are Doing in Estate Planning
- Reverse Engineering Estate Planning for Good
- Hindsight Is Everything: A Discussion of Notable (or at Least Interesting) Recent Fiduciary Litigation Cases in 2021
Thursday-Saturday, July 21-23, 2022
Day 1: 8:00 AM–12:15 PM
Day 2: 8:10 AM–12:00 PM
Day 3: 8:10 AM–12:15 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- S. Kyle Agee, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- David D. Aughtry, Chamberlain Hrdlicka White Williams & Aughtry, Atlanta, GA
- Keri D. Brown, Baker Botts, Houston, TX
- Danielle W. Burness, McGuireWoods LLP, Raleigh
- Samuel A. Donaldson, Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, GA
- Mark J. Hale Jr., Baddour Parker Hine & Hale PC, Goldsboro
- Linda Funke Johnson, Senter Stephenson & Johnson, Fuquay-Varina
- Kimberly J. "Kim" Kirk, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- Judith U. "Judy" Linville, Linville Law Office PLLC, Charlotte
- Lauren S. Martin, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- Raymond C. Odom, Northern Trust Corporation, Chicago, IL
- F. Patricia "Patty" Scarborough, Evans Carter Kunes & Bennett PA, Charleston, SC
- Brett D. Sovine, Brown Brothers Harriman & Company, Charlotte
- Catherine L. Wilson, McPherson Rocamora Nicholson Wilson & Hinkle PLLC, Durham
NCBA Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section
- Sandra M. "Sandy" Clark, Manning Fulton & Skinner PA, Raleigh (Planner)
- Kerri L.S. Mast, Brown Brothers Harriman & Company, Charlotte (Planner)
North Carolina: 10.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.