The practice of workers' compensation is constantly evolving, and it can be a challenge to keep up. With practical tips and strategies, best practices, and important updates on a medley of relevant topics impacting your workers' compensation practice, this program helps you successfully navigate the changing legal landscape.
Explore the interplay between state and federal claims, learn how to better serve your clients suffering from chronic pain, and hear about the most common ethical dilemmas during mediations over the past year. Attendees also receive the always-valuable case law update, hear from both sides of the Medicare set-aside debate, and much more.
- State Versus Federal Claims
- Sticky Situations in Mediations
- Workers' Compensation Case Law Update
- Workers' Compensation Discovery
- The Pros and Cons of Medicare Set-Asides
- Ethical Implications in Marketing and Social Media
- Working With Clients Suffering From Chronic Pain
- Utilizing Social Media
Rebroadcast (Original Live Webcast Date: February 3-4, 2022)
Thursday-Friday, May 12-13, 2022
Day 1: 8:55 AM–2:55 PM
Day 2: 8:55 AM–12:15 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Lucy T. Austin, North Carolina Industrial Commission, Raleigh
- Heather T. Baker, Teague Campbell Dennis & Gorham LLP, Raleigh
- Dawn Dietz, NuQuest, Longwood, FL
- Gisele J. Girault, M.D., Pain Medicine Specialists PA, West Columbia, SC
- Brian C. Groesser, Midkiff Muncie & Ross PC, Raleigh
- Bruce A. Hamilton, Teague Campbell Dennis & Gorham LLP, Raleigh
- Tara L. Kozlowski, North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission, Raleigh
- Zachary B. Marquand, Deuterman Law Group, Winston-Salem J.
- Brian P. McElreath, Lueder Larkins & Hunter LLC, Mount Pleasant, SC
- Brooke Mulenex, Hedrick Gardner Kincheloe & Garofalo LLP, Charlotte
- Annemarie Pantazis, Wilder Pantazis Law Group, Charlotte
- Catherine Sanders Reach, North Carolina Bar Association, Cary
- Robert Sagrillo, NuQuest, Longwood, FL
NCBA Workers' Compensation Section
- B. Jeanette Byrum, Stiles Byrum & Horne L.L.P., Charlotte (Planner)
- Sherman Lee Criner, Alternative Dispute Resolution of the Carolinas, Wilmington (Planner)
- Jack P. Waissen, Deuterman Law Group, Greensboro (Planner)
North Carolina: 8.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.