Employment law is critically important to businesses and to the general public, as the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees continually develop and evolve. The United States Congress and the North Carolina General Assembly continue to change the laws and judicially interpreted nuances of employment law continue to expand.
This program, both a basic primer and a useful update, provides a general overview and explanation of basic issues in each of the major areas that employment lawyers regularly address.
Learn from experienced practitioners presenting their practical knowledge and viewpoints, including detailed papers with citations to case law, statutes and applicable regulations.
- Introduction to North Carolina Employment Cases
- Introduction to Federal Employment Discrimination Laws
- Basics of Litigating Employment Cases
- Basic Wage Protection Law
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Damages in Employment Law Cases
- Introduction to the National Labor Relations Act
- Introduction to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Rebroadcast (Original Live Webcast Date: February 16, 2022)
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
8:55 AM–5:05 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Jill F. Cramer, North Carolina Department of Labor, Raleigh
- Janean B. Dunn, Jackson Lewis PC, Raleigh
- Bartina L. Edwards, The Law Offices of Bartina Edwards, Charlotte
- Kathryn "Katie" Hagerman, Van Kampen Law PC, Charlotte
- Michael A. Kornbluth, Kornbluth Ginsberg Law Group PA, Durham
- Wood W. "Woody" Lay, O'Hagan Meyer, Charlotte
- Jessica E. Leaven, Grimes Teich Anderson LLP, Asheville
- Daniel C. Lyon, Elliot Morgan Parsonage PLLC, Charlotte
- Shannon R. Meares, National Labor Relations Board, Winston-Salem
- Lisa R. Shearin, National Labor Relations Board, Winston-Salem
- Jill S. Stricklin, Constangy Brooks Smith & Prophete LLP, Winston-Salem
- Joshua R. "Josh" Van Kampen, Van Kampen Law PC, Charlotte
- Laura J. Wetsch, Winslow Wetsch PLLC, Raleigh
- Julian H. Wright Jr., Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson PA, Charlotte
NCBA Labor & Employment Law Section
- Ashley B. Bartolucci, Hall Booth Smith PC, Charlotte (Planner)
- Joseph S. Murray IV, Mecklenburg County Attorney's Office, Charlotte (Planner)
- L. Nicole Patino, Law Offices of L. Nicole Patino PLLC, Greensboro (Planner)
North Carolina: 7.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.