Thank you for joining us today.
A product is only as successful as its distribution, only as profitable as it reaches the widest market possible.
Most suppliers of goods rely on distributors to reach the market. Distributor agreements can come in a multitude of types, including wholesale and retail distribution agreements. These agreements encompass a series of intricately interrelated provisions about the scope of products, the scope of the territory involved, exclusivity, pricing control, support in the form of marketing and training, supply guarantees, and much more.
Success for both the supplier and the distributor depends on a thoughtfully planned and drafted agreement.
This program provides a practical guide to drafting the most essential provisions of distributor agreements.
- Understanding distributor and supplier objectives – and how they can be harmonized
- Legal framework of distributor agreements
- Products covered and how they are defined and altered over time
- Exclusivity – territory and products
- Support – training, advertising, promotion
- Supply guarantees, timeliness of performance
- Pricing – who controls and antitrust considerations