Thank you for joining us today.
This program provides a practical guide to drafting for the assumption and limitation of liabilities in business and commercial transactions.
The program covers the mechanics of assuming debt in a transaction, how it is identified, terms negotiated and documented. The program also discusses the related issue of how "bad conduct" carve-outs in indemnification and other limitation of liability provisions can defeat limitations on liability if the carve-outs are not carefully drafted. Successor liability in business transactions and techniques to mitigate its risk is also covered.
This program provides a real-world guide to handling debt and liabilities in transactions.
- Identifying and documenting the assumption of liabilities
- Successor liability and techniques to mitigate the risk
- "Bad conduct" carve-outs in indemnification and limitation of liability
- Risks of carve-out language being over-expansive and defeating liability protection
- Mistakes in the treatment of liabilities in transactions