It's not easy being a government and public sector (GPS) attorney. As Kermit sings, "It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things." A GPS attorney has to know and be able to do a variety of things.
This CLE addresses the: green of public funding and SaaS contracts, neutrals of politics in the workplace, yellow caution lights for a first week, fuzzy brown of service animals in government spaces, many colors of cases to know, red lights for impairment in the workplace, and smooth-sailing blue of ethics and investigations.
Like Kermit, you'll be able to say "I'm [a GPS lawyer], and it'll do fine. It's beautiful and I think it's what I want to be."
- All Beige, or Not? Politics in the Government Workplace
- Green, the Color of Money
- Yellow Caution Lights
- Fuzzy Brown Critters in Government Spaces
- A Color Wheel of a Case Law Update
- Blue Skies – Government Attorneys, Ethics and Investigations
- Red Light – Impairment in the Government Workplace
Thursday, April 7, 2022
8:55 AM–5:00 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Amy Y. Bason, North Carolina Association of County Commissioners, Raleigh
- Gill P. Beck, U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of North Carolina, Asheville
- Nicolette Fulton, City of Raleigh, Raleigh
- Jeffrey P. Gray, Bailey & Dixon LLP, Raleigh
- Robert P. Joyce, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
- Christopher B. McLaughlin, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
- Kara A. Millonzi, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
- Elizabeth Myerholtz, Disability Rights North Carolina, Washington, D.C.
- Grant B. Osborne, Ward and Smith PA, Asheville
- Adam Pridemore, North Carolina Association of County Commissioners, Raleigh
- Tyler J. Russell, Ward and Smith PA, Asheville
- Donya Strong, North Carolina Department of Administration, Raleigh
NCBA Government & Public Sector Section
- Grant B. Osborne, Ward and Smith PA, Asheville (Planner)
- J. Mark Payne, Retired, Greensboro (Planner)
- Ann B. Wall, North Carolina Department of Secretary of State, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.50 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.