It's not easy being a government and public sector (GPS) attorney. As Kermit sings, "It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things." A GPS attorney has to know and be able to do a variety of things.
This CLE addresses the: green of public funding and SaaS contracts, neutrals of politics in the workplace, yellow caution lights for a first week, fuzzy brown of service animals in government spaces, many colors of cases to know, red lights for impairment in the workplace, and smooth-sailing blue of ethics and investigations.
Like Kermit, you'll be able to say "I'm [a GPS lawyer], and it'll do fine. It's beautiful and I think it's what I want to be."
- All Beige, or Not? Politics in the Government Workplace
- Green, the Color of Money
- Yellow Caution Lights
- Fuzzy Brown Critters in Government Spaces
- A Color Wheel of a Case Law Update
- Blue Skies – Government Attorneys, Ethics and Investigations
- Red Light – Impairment in the Government Workplace
Thursday, April 7, 2022
8:25 AM–5:00 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
- Amy Y. Bason, North Carolina Association of County Commissioners, Raleigh
- Gill P. Beck, U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of North Carolina, Asheville
- Nicolette Fulton, City of Raleigh, Raleigh
- Jeffrey P. Gray, Bailey & Dixon LLP, Raleigh
- Robert P. Joyce, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
- Christopher B. McLaughlin, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
- Kara A. Millonzi, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
- Elizabeth Myerholtz, Disability Rights North Carolina, Washington, D.C.
- Grant B. Osborne, Ward and Smith PA, Asheville
- Adam Pridemore, North Carolina Association of County Commissioners, Raleigh
- Tyler J. Russell, Ward and Smith PA, Asheville
- Donya Strong, North Carolina Department of Administration, Raleigh
NCBA Government & Public Sector Section
- Grant B. Osborne, Ward and Smith PA, Asheville (Planner)
- J. Mark Payne, Retired, Greensboro (Planner)
- Ann B. Wall, North Carolina Department of Secretary of State, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.50 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.