North Carolina implemented many changes in the juvenile justice system from prior reform efforts in past years. This has opened alternatives for the traditional juvenile justice system to assist youth in our communities.
Join speakers in exploring these alternatives and recently implemented changes, including recent legislative action, restorative justice in our youth communities, and Family Accountability and Recovery Court.
- Recent Legislative Changes
- Restorative Justice
- Family Accountability and Recovery Court
Friday, April 1, 2022
8:25 AM–12:20 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
- Chief Judge Elizabeth A. "Beth" Heath, North Carolina District Court for Judicial District 8, Kinston
- Jacquelyn "Jacqui" Greene, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
- Jon Powell, Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Raleigh
NCBA Juvenile Justice & Children's Rights Section
- Michelle F. Lynch, North Carolina Guardian ad Litem State Office, Raleigh (Planner)
- Jared Simmons, North Carolina General Assembly Legislative Drafting Division, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 3.00 MCLE Hours
Qualifies for NC State Bar Criminal Law (Juvenile Delinquency Law) Specialization
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.