Speakers address relevant federal and state laws, regulations and policies impacting employment, health care, education and more.
PFLAG Charlotte leads a session on fostering LGBTQ+ allyship in the workplace; participants review LGBTQ+ nomenclature, learn about relevant data and resources, and discuss strategies to heighten LGBTQ+ inclusion and belonging in the workplace.
Also, hear from a panel of attorneys and area professionals as they discuss what is happening in their organizations and share perspectives on how to be effective and educated advocates for clients.
- History of LGBTQ+ Law and Current Legislative Developments
- Allyship Within Your Practice
- Practical Employment Guidance for LGBTQ+ Workplace Issues
Wednesday, February 23, 2022
8:25 AM–12:20 PM
The In-Person Live event is limited to 100 registrants. Register early to reserve your seat!
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
- Okeatta Brown, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Charlotte
- Irena Como, ACLU of North Carolina, Raleigh
- Taylor Dewberry, Smith Anderson Blount Dorsett Mitchell & Jernigan LLP
- Karen Graci, PFLAG Charlotte, Charlotte
- Devin Green, PFLAG Charlotte, Charlotte
- Noël Harlow, Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, Durham
- Jonathan Murray, Moore & Van Allen, Charlotte
- Nicole Ramsdell, Belk Inc, Charlotte
- Cristal Robinson, Cristal Robinson Law, Matthews
- Sarah Saint, Brooks Pierce, Greensboro (Moderator)
- Candelario Saldana, Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft LLP, Charlotte
- Ann Webb, ACLU of North Carolina, Raleigh
NCBA CLE Department
North Carolina: 3.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.