Trust and estate planning in 2022 will require navigating many rocky patches. There are new assets classes. Inflation is rising. We are still dealing with the ongoing effects of the pandemic. There is legislation pending to substantially alter the taxability of estates.
Familiar planning platforms and techniques may no longer be efficacious as change unfolds. Planning requires not only looking at the law as it is today but as it may change – perhaps dramatically – during the year.
This program provides a practical guide to planning in the uncertainty of 2022.
- Tax legislation that will or has changed the taxability of estates
- Planning with rising inflation – and higher interest rates?
- Trends in valuation of estates with higher rates
- Considering how to handle new asset classes
- Planning for the ongoing effects of the pandemic
Thursday, February 3, 2022
- Michael Sneeringer, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP, Naples, FL
- Missia H. Vaselaney, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP, Cleveland, OH
February 3, 2022
North Carolina: 1.00 MCLE Hour
See pricing below.