The legal profession is filled with type-A seekers of success and perfection who not only shoulder their own trials and tribulations but also grapple with those of their clients and others. It's a heavy burden we place on ourselves, personally and professionally, often to the extent it becomes hardwired into our very nature.
But is it possible to put so much pressure on ourselves that it negatively affects our work? Do we rationalize long hours by the life-changing stakes in play for our clients, our professional duties of diligence and zealous advocacy, or even our own goals? And does that blind us from recognizing the real-world impact of stress and anxiety?
If we are "hardwired" to think and operate this way, can we ever "catch ourselves" and recalibrate?
If any of these questions resonate with you, then come join us for a frank, realistic and practical CLE program on identifying, understanding and managing the inevitable stress and pressures of practicing law. Hear from a diverse group of legal professionals who let you in on the "real deal" about the challenges they have faced, and the ways that they learned to escape what may feel like a suffocating downward spiral of stress and anxiety, rewiring themselves for long-term thriving while doing outstanding and meaningful work.
- 60 Minutes With Coleman Cowan
- Looking California and Feeling Minnesota
- Hardwiring Happiness
Monday, February 28, 2022
11:55 AM–3:30 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Colleen L. Byers, Colleen Byers Mediation LLC, Winston-Salem
- Coleman M. Cowan, Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, Raleigh
- Chara M. O'Neale, Charlotte
- D. Christopher "Chris" Osborn, Osborn Conflict Resolution, Charlotte (Moderator)
NCBA Professional Vitality Committee
- Coleman M. Cowan, Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, Raleigh (Planner)
- James A. "Jamie" Dean, Microsoft Corporation, Winston-Salem (Planner)
- George K. Evans Jr., Clearly Bespoke Strategies, New Bern (Planner)
- Michele Morris, Michele Morris Law, Asheville (Planner)
- Helen M. O'Shaughnessy, Wake Family Law Group, Raleigh (Planner)
- Erna Womble, Clearly Bespoke Strategies, Winston-Salem (Planner)
North Carolina: 3.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.