In our daily practice as real estate attorneys, we frequently encounter title issues. Join us for practical skills and solutions to common problems as we take a hard look at title, title and more title, including common defects and ways to resolve them, uses for geographic information systems, and how we can create professional relationships with the paralegals we rely on to abstract and clear title.
Find out all the details you never knew about creating condominiums and explore the public-private partnership being used to identify and strike the race-based restriction language in homeowners' association covenants and the steps other states are taking to allow homeowners' association boards to strike such provisions.
- The Power of Geographic Information Services (GIS)
- Creating Condominiums: A Practical Guide
- Common Defects: How Did THAT Happen?
- Working With Paralegals
- Hacking Into History: Race, History and Restrictive Covenants
Rebroadcast (Original Live Webcast Date: May 14, 2021)
Thursday, September 16, 2021
8:55 AM–3:55 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- William A. "Will" Anderson III, Kennon Craver PLLC, Durham
- Lanée Borsman, Hutchins Law Firm, Fayetteville
- Maggie S. Davis, Mann McGibney & Jordan PLLC, Raleigh
- Jim Duley Doerfler, Mann McGibney & Jordan PLLC, Raleigh
- Tia Hall, Yinsome Group LLC, Durham
- Hope Morgan, AECOM, Raleigh
- Dawn Perry, Orange County Tax Administration, Hillsborough
- Tim Stallmann, Research Action Design LLC, Durham
- James Tabron, Durham County Register of Deeds, Durham
- Andrew R. Wagner, Robinson Bradshaw, Chapel Hill
NCBA Real Property Section
- Maggie S. Davis, Mann McGibney & Jordan PLLC, Raleigh (Planner)
- Brian Register, Smith Debnam Narron Drake Saintsing & Myers LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.