Some family law practitioners may consider contracts to be boring or a necessary evil, but the 2021 Family Law Fall Program takes a deep dive into this practice and shows attendees that "contracts are sexy too."
Start off with a review of premarital agreements, the use of cohabitation agreements for clients who do not plan to marry and what options are available when a marriage is on the rocks — including separation agreements, parenting agreements and support agreements.
Then explore the ins and outs of resolving a family law dispute through mediation, arbitration or litigation.
- Let the Good Times Roll, Part One: Cohabitation Agreements
- Let the Good Times Roll, Part Two: Premarital Agreements
- On the Rocks
- Sealing the Deal: Mediation
- Managing the Chaos: Arbitration
- All Heck Broke Loose: Breach of Contract
Thursday, October 21, 2021
8:25 AM–3:25 PM
The In-Person Live event is limited to 100 registrants. Register early to reserve your seat!
Click here to view the full program agenda.
IN-PERSON LIVE LOCATION
North Carolina Bar Center, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary
Contact hotels directly for reservations at the special NCBA room rate. Rates are based on availability and rooms may sell out.
Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary
Nightly Rate: $174 single/double
Reservations: Click here or call 919.677.1840 (Corporate Account Code: 2691626)
TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 120 Sage Commons Way, Cary
Nightly Rate: $114 studio queen with sleeper sofa (Sunday–Thursday)
Reservations: 919.678.0005 (Ask for the NCBA corporate rate)
- Kristin Kelly Broyles, Halvorsen Family Law Group, Winston-Salem
- Cary E. Close, Close Smith Family Law, Raleigh
- Charles W. "Chas" Coltrane, Coltrane & Overfield PLLC, Greensboro
- Michelle D. Connell, Fox Rothschild LLP, Raleigh
- T. Michael "Mike" Godley, Godley Glazer & Funk PLLC, Mooresville
- Irene P. King, King Collaborative Family Law, Charlotte
- Katie Hardersen King, Wake Family Law Group, Raleigh
- Barbara R. Morgenstern, Morgenstern & Associates PLLC, Greensboro
- Robin J. Stinson, Bell Davis & Pitt PA, Winston-Salem
NCBA Family Law Section
- Andrea Bosquez-Porter, Bosquez Porter Family Law, Raleigh (Planner)
- Monica R. Guy, Kurtz Evans Whitley Guy & Simos PLLC, Winston-Sale (Planner)
North Carolina: 5.00 MCLE Hours
Qualifies for NC State Bar Family Law Specialization
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.