The 2021 Real Property Fundamentals Program is designed to help attorneys who are new to the practice of real estate law as well as seasoned attorneys looking to hone their skills.
Review the basics of real estate practice and combine them with tools to practice in a modern environment. Experienced speakers provide tips on everything from searching title and understanding title insurance to avoiding cyber fraud and managing trust accounts.
Designed to accommodate all types of dirt lawyers, this program covers both residential and commercial aspects of real estate.
- Mobile Home Title Basics
- Title Searching: Processes and Tips for a Thorough Search
- Trust Account Management
- Zoning and Land Use Basics
- Cyber-Securing Your Practice and Staying Safe in an Online World
- Title Insurance for Newbies: The What, Why and When
- Estates and Other Special Proceedings
- Foreclosures and eCourts
- Easements: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Tax Deferral of Capital Gains for Real Estate Investors
- Eminent Domain
- Panel Discussion: Tips for Starting Your Own Real Estate Practice
Thursday-Friday, October 7-8, 2021
Day 1: 8:55 AM–4:10 PM
Day 2: 8:55 AM–4:10 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Teresa L. "Teri" Bowling, Manning Fulton, Raleigh
- Sarah E. Bowman, Worley & Peltz PLLC, Asheville
- Felicia Branch, Branch Tax Law, Durham
- C. Patrick F. Brown, Lawyers Mutual Liability Insurance Company of North Carolina, Cary
- Samantha L. Cockerell, Wake County Clerk of Superior Court, Raleigh
- Michael J. Geiseman, Wake County Clerk of Superior Court, Raleigh
- Elizabeth R. Harrison, Fidelity National Title Group North Carolina, Raleigh
- Leanor B. Hodge, North Carolina State Bar, Raleigh
- T.C. Morphis Jr., The Brough Law Firm PLLC, Chapel Hill
- David D. Needham, Bell Carrington Price and Gregg, Raleigh
- Charles E. "Chuck" Nichols Jr., Weatherspoon Voltz LLP, Raleigh
- Kelly S. Walker, Ivey Eggleston, Greensboro
- F. Blair Williams, Wake County Clerk of Superior Court, Raleigh
NCBA Real Property Section
- Michele A. Callaway, Adams Howell Sizemore & Adams PA, Raleigh (Planner)
- Randy H. Herman, BA Folk, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 12.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.