Equipped with the right tools, the construction lawyer can practice more efficiently and better serve their clients in the 21st century.
Join the Construction Law Section as we explore some of the most useful tools to have at your disposal — including case law and legislative updates, mediation training, and recent appellate court decisions pertaining to the economic loss rule — all folded into one essential program.
To round out the construction lawyer's Swiss Army knife, an appellate judge and a trial judge delve into lessons learned, potential pitfalls, best practices and future trends for virtual hearings.
- Finding Balance: The Lawyer's Workcation on Points and Miles
- Mediation: Showing Up Is Just Part of the Process
- The Elephant in the Courtroom: Conversations on Inequity Within the Legal Profession
- Economic Loss Rule
- Case Law and Legislative Update
- Advocacy in the Digital Age
Thursday-Friday, September 23-24, 2021
Day 1: 1:00–4:25 PM
Day 2: 8:55 AM–12:20 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Judge Richard D. Dietz, North Carolina Court of Appeals, Raleigh
- Judge Ashleigh Parker Dunston, North Carolina District Court, Raleigh
- Judge Paul C. Ridgeway, North Carolina Superior Court, Raleigh
- Robert A. Beason, Beason & Trehy Conflict Resolution LLC, Durham
- David S. Coats, Bailey & Dixon LLP, Raleigh
- M. Aaron Lay, Hamilton Stephens Steele & Martin PLLC, Charlotte
- John I. Mabe Jr., Nexsen Pruet PLLC, Raleigh
- Jonathan W. Massell, Nexsen Pruet PLLC, Raleigh
- René Stemple Trehy, Beason & Trehy Conflict Resolution LLC, Durham
- Jay M. Wilkerson, Conner Gwyn Schenck PLLC, Raleigh
NCBA Construction Law Section
- Daniel J. Knight, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
- Carmela E. Mastrianni, Hamilton Stephens Steele & Martin PLLC, Charlotte (Planner)
- Brian J. Schoolman, Safran Law Offices, Raleigh (Planner)
- David A. Senter, Nexsen Pruet PLLC, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.