This program explores the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on paralegals and provides opportunities to grow and update your professional knowledge in your field.
Learn from and interact with some of North Carolina's top legal professionals on a variety of topics designed to deepen your knowledge, enhance your skills and energize your career.
Hear from the North Carolina Industrial Commission regarding updates to workers' compensation law and its transition to virtual hearings. Learn tips and tricks for updating your resume, job searching and interviewing during the pandemic.
Receive the latest notary and e-notary news and updates from the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State.
Learn about indicators for and consequences of stress during the workday, explore hot topics in electronic discovery, and examine mindfulness techniques to create and foster a positive work-life balance.
- Workers' Compensation: Virtual Updates by the NCIC
- Job Searching During the Pandemic and What You Need to Know
- Notary Updates by the North Carolina Secretary of State's Office
- From Chaos to Calm: Building Resilience at Work and in Life
- Hot Topics in E-discovery
- Breathe: Put Your Own Oxygen Mask on First
Friday, May 21, 2021
8:55 AM–4:10 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Deputy Commissioner Jesse M. Tillman, North Carolina Industrial Commission, Raleigh
- Debbie Beeler, Consilio LLC, Nashville, TN
- Colleen L. Byers, Bell Davis & Pitt PA, Winston-Salem
- Annelies M. Gentile, Conduit for Change LLC, Raleigh
- Nicole "Nikki" Green, Ave Staffing, Raleigh
- Ozie Stallworth, North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State, Raleigh
NCBA Paralegal Division
- Stephanie B. Elliott, Wells Fargo, Charlotte (Planner)
- Melissa Stockley Jones, UNC Health (Rex Hospital), Raleigh (Planner)
- Leslie Pegram, UNC Health, Chapel Hill (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 CPE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are paralegal students. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.