This program focuses on changes in environmental regulations and evolving trends under a new federal administration and Department of Environmental Quality Secretary. Presenters from private and public law and governmental agencies provide key updates and engaging discussion on relevant topics affecting environmental, energy and natural resources law.
Highlights include a keynote address by North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality general counsel Bill Lane, updates on federal and state environmental policy and case law, and environmental justice for new facilities and permit modifications.
Attendees also explore project impacts for National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) rule changes, revisions to the Waters of the United States (WOTUS) rules and methane assessment, and mitigation and considerations under the NC Brownfields Program.
- Keynote Address by NCDEQ General Counsel
- Environmental Justice
- State Environmental Update
- Federal Environmental Update
- Hot Topics
Thursday, May 13, 2021
8:25 AM–12:40 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Joy A. Hicks, North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality, Raleigh
- Kimberley C. "Kym" Hunter, Southern Environmental Law Center, Chapel Hill
- Renee P. Kramer, North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality, Raleigh
- William F. "Bill" Lane, North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality, Raleigh
- Kelsey V. Monk, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, Raleigh
- Fern A. Paterson, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, Charlotte
- Kaitlyn S. Rhonehouse, Geosyntec Consultants of North Carolina PC, Wilmington
- Mary Katherine H. Stukes, Moore & Van Allen PLLC, Charlotte
- Sean M. Sullivan, Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson PA, Raleigh
- Chandra T. Taylor, Southern Environmental Law Center, Chapel Hill
- Jeffrey B. "Jeff" Tyburski, Geosyntec Consultants of North Carolina PC, Raleigh
NCBA Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Law Section
- Kimberley C. "Kym" Hunter, Southern Environmental Law Center, Chapel Hill (Planner)
- Kaitlyn S. Rhonehouse, Geosyntec Consultants of North Carolina PC, Wilmington (Planner)
- Lisa K. Rushton, Womble Bond Dickinson (U.S.) LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
- Amy P. Wang, Ward and Smith PA, New Bern (Planner)
North Carolina: 3.50 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.